Sunday, December 19, 2010

ALMOST CHRISTMAS

I have had this song stuck in my head for the past two days.

It snowed "a lot" again.
Scenes from my walk to work:

Anarchists.
My friend was trying to buy French Christmas cards to send to her family but she could only find ones that said "Merry Christmas."
Graffiti in the metro station is so cliche.
French Santa Claus.
The girl I tutor is in some really rigorous high school program to prepare her to go to a "Grand Ecole" which is a great school so I was like oh like the Sorbonne, and she was like no that school sucks, there are way better ones. Yeah, totally looks like a crappy school.
Christmas sweat for the low, low price of 9.99.
In French sweat means sweatshirt. Jogging means sweatpants. I don't know who comes up with this shit. It seems like if you're going to use English words you should just use the same ones we do. It would make teaching English to French kids a lot easier.
French Christmas trees.
French Christmas chocolate.
French Christmas dinner.
French Christmas clown.
Someone put duct tape on one of her nipples for modesty.
"The weather is rotten and so is the government."
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!
Saturday Market.
Not one more dead for an American war.
Where I would live if I was rich.
Sweet Wiley Coyote mail truck.
Fruit delivery truck.
Palais de Justice.
Ridiculous anti-fur ad campaign.
Screw a pony, I want a whole pony mafia for Christmas.
Palais de Jail.
Animalerie. The place you buy animals at.
Turkey pigs.
White Christmas.
Garden Gnomes.
Garden gnomes in jail.
Dogs are watching you.
Ferris wheel.
Going to the Louvre for real.
No joke I really went inside.
There was no line.
Heartwarming painting of flowers and babies.
Sweet lamp.
Fishmongers.
So much grayness.
Sea dragons.
Famous painting.
Napoleon was so rich he used gold as wallpaper.
And he paid people to watch him sleep.
Seagulls playing in the fountain.
At work I had to teach a class how to write a letter to Santa in English (not my idea). The kids were all like how do you write XBOX 360 in English? How do you write ipod in English? How do you write Blackberry in English? It was ridiculous. The only words I got to teach them were cellphone and laptop. And nothing. There was a kid who wanted nothing for Christmas.
Serious snow.
Apparently there is a clean up your dog's shit law.
Best restaurant name in Paris.
Best graffiti in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment